Sea Shepherd Fights to Save Sharks by:
- Confiscating tens of thousands of illegally obtained shark fins, leading to multiple arrests.
- Pulling in thousands of miles of longlines with baited hooks and freeing entangled animals.
- Partnering with Ecuadorian environmental police to form a special K-9 unit to sniff for shark fins.
- Developing intelligence networks to assist in the seizure of shark fins from protected areas.
- Educating the public via printed materials, presentations, videos, and restaurant campaigns.
- Maintaining a permanent presence in the Galapagos Marine Reserve to defend against poachers.
What You Can Do:
- Donate money to support Sea Shepherd's direct action campaigns.
- Don't buy or consume shark products.
- Vocally oppose restaurants and shops that sell shark products; demand that they stop.
- Educate others on the plight of sharks and their importance to the ecosystem.
- Encourage everyone you know to watch the award-winning documentary Sharkwater.
Get a new perspective on sharks.
Myth: Sharks are bloodthirsty man-eaters and ruthless killing machines.
Reality: More people are killed each year by falling vending machines than by sharks.