Bringing the World's Attention to the Canadian Slaughter of Seals
If you would like to let the Canadian government know how you feel about this horrific slaughter, you might like to organize your own demonstration!
Here are some ideas for your ACTION:
DEMONSTRATE AGAINST THE CANADIAN GOVERNMENT
- Stage your demonstration at a site other than a government building. You will have more flexibility in planning the protest to occur at a time of the day or evening when you think you can gain a larger audience.
- Consider holding it outside a restaurant or a grocery store that sells Canadian seafood.
- Hold an all-night vigil.
- Set-up a seal cemetery; hold public funerals for the seals.
- Promote the Canadian Seafood Boycott during your protest. Please visit our Boycott page for more information.
- Hold formal or informal negotiations with representatives of restaurants and/or grocery stores asking them to stop selling Canadian seafood. Retailers joining the boycott will help put financial pressure on Canada to stop the annual seal hunt.
- If you choose to stage your demonstration in front of a Canadian government building, consulate, or embassy, click here for a list of addresses.
For printable flyers, posters, and banners, visit our Seal Defense Demonstration Resource page!
Please note: Generally demonstrators must remain on the public sidewalks. If you have any doubts you should check with your city to determine its requirements before the protest. After the demonstration, you should enter the building to deliver the copies of the petitions to the official on duty. One other person could accompany you to photograph the delivery. [Note: Please make sure you photocopy the petitions and send the original set back to the Sea Shepherd headquarters].
THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORTS - THIS SEAL SLAUGHTER HAS GOT TO BE STOPPED - YOUR PARTICIPATION IS ESSENTIAL!