- Length: 53-meters
- Date Built: 1972
- Max Speed: 16 knots
- Country of Origin: Scotland, UK
- Former Job: Scottish Fisheries Protection Service vessel
- First Sea Shepherd Expedition: December of 2007, Antarctic Whale Defense Campaign Operation Migaloo
- Original SSCS Name: M/Y Robert Hunter in memory of Captain Paul Watson’s friend and co-founder of Greenpeace Bob Hunter
- Current Name: In honor of the late Australian conservationist Steve Irwin
- Last Expedition: Departed December 7, 2009, for 3rd expedition to the Antarctic Whale Sanctuary – Operation Waltzing Matilda. Returned to port on March 6th, 2010.
- Current Mission: Defend the bluefin tuna in the Mediterranean Sea from extinction!
- Interesting Facts:
- The Steve Irwin is travelling half way around the world to get to the Mediterranean.
- The ship has never been in the Med before.
- Number of Crew: 41
- Number of Nationailities of Crew: 9